- Stop ordering blood tests. They are not needed to diagnose menopause in most women.
- Consider menopause as a cause for any woman aged 45-55 with new onset depression/ anxiety or even MSK symptoms – consider trialling HRT as a treatment
- Transdermal oestrogen and micronised progesterone is the safest method of HRT
- Women can stay on HRT as long as they need
- Consider testosterone prescribing at review. NICE guidelines advise that it can be used off licence if low libido and HRT is not enough.
Please be aware that information in the field of medicine changes all the time, so we cannot guarantee the accuracy of this data when you read it, it is here for General Practitioners to learn.